In this article, the main focus will be to lay out a step-by-step guide to Import/Export athletes and to set up your Live Results Link. This article is also relevant to users who have the bibs Kiosk and/or App as the process is exactly the same.
If you haven't already created an account and added your race to your account yet, then please see the article "Getting Started - Creating your Account and Adding Races."
Before we get started, navigate to the event that you want to set-up results for. On the top right hand corner of the screen, you'll see an area that says "Results." Mouseover it and you will see several dropdown options appear. Most of what you will be doing in this article will be under this section of the server.
All of the options with a brief description are listed below. There will be more details on some of the sections later in this guide.
- Import Athletes - Here you can import athletes from any .CSV file. There is a more detailed section on this below.
- Import from Dropbox - Import your .CSV results directly from your dropbox account.
- Import bibs File - If you are using the bibs RFID at your event, you can directly upload your results from your RFID.
- Export Athletes - Here you can export ALL athletes from one or all of your event types.
- Cloud Sync - Work in Progress.
- Manage Maps - If you have the custom app that we made for you, you can manage all of your maps for your events on this section. If you do not have the app, this section is not relevant to you.
- Live Results Link - Here you will find an HTML code that will help you share the results on your website or social media. Alternatively, you can copy/paste the link embedded within the URL to access it directly. This is the last step and will display all of the results that you imported
Before we go further into how to upload your results, let's go over how to create Awards and Medal Categories.
- On your event's home page, on the banner at the top, you'll see an option for "Awards." Click on it and you'll be directed to a new page with your event's official results.
- From here, you can view results separated by gender, medals, and overall results for any of the event types of your event
- At the very top of the screen, you'll see a button for "+Category." Click on that.
- From here, you can create as many age/gender categories as you like.
- You'll see an option at the bottom for "Medal Category." If you want the category to include medal winners, then check that option, otherwise uncheck it.
- Next to the "+Category" button, you'll see "Save Template"
- Clicking that option will allow you to save the awards template that you created and apply it to any event or event type on your account! Making setting up awards for future events much more simple.
- The option next to "Save Template," you'll see "Apply Template," which will allow you to load a previously saved template to any event or event type.
- Next to that is the "Print" option, which will automatically download a print-ready file for you, if you prefer to take that route.
- Right next to the "Print" option, is the "HTML" option, which will show everything in HTML format.
Now that you have a better understanding of all the resources available to you, we are going to expand further on the first point above, "Import Athletes."
- Mouseover "Results" and click on "Import Athletes"
- You should get a pop-up that asks you what event type you are uploading results for. Choose the correct event type and click "Import."
- You will be prompted to search your computer for a .CSV results file. Once you have located the file, click "Save."
- On this screen, you will see several options as well as a table with headers:
- Row 1, Row 2, Label, and Final Label Preview
- Make sure that the column "Label" correctly matches what is in "Row 1."
- There needs to be the following information:
- First/Last Name
- Bib Number
- Official Time or Gun Time
- There are other options as well for displaying other information, but the above information is required.
- If the columns on the .CSV file are correctly organized and have the correct headings, then you can click the option for "Use Row 1 (Header) for all fields" which will automatically use whatever is in Row 1 of your .CSV file as the header.
- Click "Save" at the bottom and you should be set! The system will then upload all of your results to your chosen event type. The results will also display on the Kiosk and the App, if you are using those.
That's all there is to it! Feel free to ask any questions.