This is a step-by-step guide on how to set up your ticket sales, add products, discount codes and everything that the bibs Registration platform can do.
If you haven't already created an account and added your race to your account yet, then please see the article "Getting Started - Creating your Account and Adding Races."
First off, navigate to the event that you want to set-up registration for. On the top right hand corner of the screen, you'll see an area that says "Registration." Mouseover it and you will see several dropdown options appear. Most of what you will be doing in this article will be under this section of the server.
The different options are listed below. There will be more detail concerning certain options further in this guide.
- Open Registration - This is the MOST important option. Nobody will be able to purchase tickets or view anything that you have created if you do not click this option. The option will change to "Close Registration" if you already have already turned it on.
- Registration Tools - This is where it all happens. This is where you will create all of your products, donation boxes, discount codes and much more. There is a detailed section on this below.
- Export Registrations - By clicking this, you can easily export all of the athletes that have registered to your event.
- Search Registrations - Here you can search through all of your registered athletes by Name, bib#, Invoice ID, or email address to find any athlete that has registered to any of your events.
- Assign Bib Numbers - Here you can assign bib numbers for any of your event types. Keep in mind that when doing this, the system will overwrite any bib numbers that already exist.
- Send Email Announcement - This option will allow you to quickly send out an email to all of your registered athletes.
- Registration URL/Link - Clicking on this will give you an HTML code that will generate a button that you can put on your website to refer athletes to the bibs registration platform. Alternatively, there is a link on there that you can copy/paste anywhere or click on to check out what your registration page looks like.
The first thing we are going to do is click on "Registration Tools." You can find it under "Registration" on the top right hand corner of the server when on your selected event.
Here you will be presented several different tabs:
The first one is Products. You should be able to see all the information on your ticket sales as well as have the ability to add some additional products in.
- Clicking on "View Details" for your tickets will give you additional details about your ticket sales as well as a graph showing how much you have sold over time.
- Clicking on "Add T-shirt/Donation" will prompt you to a screen where you can enter additional information about selling shirts or add in the option for athletes to donate money when purchasing their tickets. Click "Save" when you are finished.
- Keep in mind that you can add as many tickets, products, or donations as you like.
The next tab is "Custom Forms." Here you can add in option or mandatory questions for your athletes to enter when purchasing their tickets.
- Click on "+Question."
- Here you can choose to make the question a multiple choice question or an open response question. You can also choose to make the question optional or not by clicking the switch next to "Make this question optional." Click "Save" once you have finished.
- The server will give you a preview of what your question will look like at the bottom of the screen.
- You can always edit your questions by clicking on them in the "Custom Forms" section after you have created it.
The next section is "Coupons." Here you can create coupons for your athletes to use when purchasing tickets to give them a discount.
- Click on "+Coupon." Here you will be able to:
- Create your own coupon code
- Limit the products that can use the coupon code (if needed)
- Give discounts by percentile or by flat amounts
- Limit how many people can use the coupon before it expires.
- Click "Submit" once you are done. You can always edit your coupons by clicking on them in the "Coupons" section.
The next tab is "Social Sharing." Here you can choose to give discounts up to $5 to your athletes for sharing your event on their social media, which can give your event a huge amount of exposure!
- Click on the switch next to "Social Sharing" to enable it.
- Enter the amount up to $5 for discounts
- Click "Save" once you are finished
- You can always edit your social sharing options by navigating back to the "Social Sharing" tab.
The last tab is "Transfers." Here you can give your athletes the option to transfer their tickets to other athletes.
- Click the switch next to "Enable Ticket Transfer"
- Enter a Cutoff Date.
- Click "Save" when you are finished
- You can always edit your ticket transfer information by navigating back to the "Transfers" tab.
Back on your event's home page, you can click on "Registration Analytics" on the top left hand corner to view a summary of how much of each product you have sold and some overall statistics.
You have now completely set up your registration! Make sure that you have clicked on "Open Registration" or your athletes will not be able to purchase any tickets. From there, embed the button on your website or share the link to have athletes register for your event!